Saturday, June 15, 2024

Simply the rose...

 It's June and that means things are really starting to happen in the garden, especially with the roses.

I've got a lovely collection of climbing roses growing on trellises and the rosebuds are prolific. The first bloom has already appeared and I'm guessing there will be hundreds again this year.

The roses from my garden are used in my Lavender & Rose Potpourri and my Rose Petal Eye Pillows. Such a lovely way to Relax, Refresh & Restore.

Last summer I introduced limited edition Rose Petal Hand Dyed Silk Scarves to my shop. Talk about luxury! Hand dyeing with rose petals is a multi step process from garden to scarf. It takes 36 roses and several days to create a single scarf and every scarf is unique. 

My original watercolour rose print bookmarks are also created using the roses from my garden. These beautiful bookmarks were created using a printmaking technique that involves hand printing different parts of a real rose. These bookmarks support The Cupola Corner Literacy Project, helping young children learn to love reading.

All of these lovely rose inspired creations allow you to enjoy the beauty of the rose year round. Now that's something to celebrate!

🔍To return to the main page, please click on the banner at the top of this page or click on this link: Cupola Corner Blog