Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Wearing o' The Aran

It’s that time o' year when we celebrate the wearing o' the green, whether we have Irish ancestry or not. In honour o' my “Year o' Aran” knitting theme, I present my latest Aran project, an infinity scarf, designed by me! In the lore o' Aran knitting, the blackberry or trinity stitch pattern represents the thickets o' blackberries that grow on the Aran Islands. The three part stitch also represents the holy trinity. The cable stitch represents the fisherman’s ropes. I’ve learned a lot about Aran knitting this winter and it’s been lots o' fun. I’m actually considering making myself an Aran sweater...next winter. (Insert fingers crossed!) Top o' the morning to you!

🔍To return to the main page, please click on the banner at the top of this page or click on this link: Cupola Corner Blog


For more photos check out the Etsy listing for this scarf here: Fisherman's Knit Aran Scarf (Trinity/Blackberry Stitch & Cables)